Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rob Con aftermath

So I went to Bristol TN/VA with my wife Wendy. I am starting to believe that Bristol is a mystical Brigadoon type city and the only way to enter is by driving through a torrential rainstorm.  Every time we go it rains so hard you can't see where you are going and then Boom, there's Bristol.

It was an ok show for me sales wise, but I met some good people and saw some I haven't seen in a while.
This also has the distinction of being the first con I've attended where the power went out. A room full of comic geeks who peruse through comics by cellphones, lightsabers and sonic screwdrivers.  That was fantastic.

The road trip with Wendy was the best part of the weekend. We enjoy the time with nothing else to get in the way.

But now it is back to the everyday grind, hopefully I will get to another show soon.  Until then I am working on issue 10, a family portrait where everyone is an Avenger, a grant proposal, and sketches.  Just a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment