Saturday, January 26, 2013

Something a little different than comics


I am home, and with a deep breath it begins.

My days are numbered, but still I have been wishing the last five of them away.

The first thing is to remove my name tag.                                                                                                                         For two days only those who know me will have access to my name.

Next off are the clothes, I can now wear what I like and I do not like these.

Even the socks must go, down to the fuzzy remains between my toes.                                                                         I erase all evidence of my time there.

From here I see endless possibilities and potential.                                                                                                                   Sleeping late, watching movies, and a hundred other things I won’t get around to doing.

I live for two days, foolishly wishing that two days could last as long as five.                                                                        But they pass, relentlessly and mercilessly taking me back to putting on those clothes, socks, and nametag.

Then I go back, and with a long deep breath it ends.

 

Friday

By Brian Wingrove

No comments:

Post a Comment