Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Day convention at the North Wilkesboro Library

I had to say that I had my hopes set a little low for this show. It was the first one they were putting on, it was inside of a Library, first time I've been to Wilkesboro... Just stuff.


It was a small room, but it was a small room with only one comic dealer and the rest of us were artists.  The crowd was small but friendly and really interested in what you have to say.  You had walk in traffic from the library,  and they were interested too.  The crowd was fairly small, but they stayed longer and were really involved with the show.  Yes it was their first show, but they were eager for it.  So it wasn't the best one day show ever, or anything like that, but it was a good fun place to be, and I think they are laying the foundation for something to grow. I was glad to be there (of course I am always glad to be at a comic book show)


I got to see some familiar faces from the Winston Salem area; Jay and Eddie, Bobby and Suzanne, and Denis who put the show together. And met some new people.


All that, and I am home with two more days of this weekend, so that is fantastic.




Next weekend, I am going to the Charlotte Minicon, which is organized by Heroes aren't hard to find, which puts together Heroescon every year. I've wanted to do one of their smaller shows for a while, but this is the first one I have managed to clear.  I've been to Charlotte a lot, so it has a familiar feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment