Monday, March 25, 2013

Motivation

I think that it is the single most important element in getting a comic book done (or anything, but I am being specific). Especially when you are self publishing and your motivation isn't money.

I'm not the best artist/writer out there, but I love what I do. Usually. A lot of times I can't stop myself from writing and drawing, but there are times when the motivation is hard to come by. Especially when its been a long time since a show, or I've had a bad show, etc. 

But I have met some talented people without the motivation to use it, and it irritates me. The thought that they do not use that skill, and waste the opportunity they can make for themselves.  They will die with a lot of unfinished pictures in their head. That makes me a little sad.

So, I am not the best out there, but I am out there. It is my accomplishment, and I am trying my darndest to be proud of it (but my low self esteem only permits so much).

Thank you, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment