Tuesday, June 9, 2009

When I grow up...

Ok, just to clarify I'm 37 so I've grown up just about as much as I ever will (sorry Wendy, this is as good as it gets). But when I look back to my childhood and I thought about that question the only answer I ever gave was a comic book artist. When I was five years old I was certain I would make a living drawing comic books for people in a parking lot (I did not know what printing was back then, I thought every comic book was hand drawn). Now I have taken the steps to get my comic book to the public (Intermezzo, get your copy now). For the first time I am the comic book artist that five year old imagined and i am about as scared as a five year old.


I am going to heroescon in Charlotte North Carolina 9 days from now (as I am writing, not as you are reading). I have sold comics at my local store and even appeared as a comic artist at Free Comic Book Day, but this is a much grander scale. So... I will let you know how it goes.


I would like to hear from you, whether that is someone who has read Intermezzo, someone i meet as Heroescon, or another obsessed comic creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment